Francesco Tortolano with his ice cream cart in Bridgend circa late 1930s
In 1929 Francesco Tortolano moved to Scotland from the Italian town of Cassino and settled in Muirhead after marrying Angelina Di Nardo.
They had seven children, one of whom, Remo, opened an ice cream shop in Uddingston in 1992.
Two of his children, Elaine and Mark, worked in the shop selling ice cream, luxury chocolates and traditional sweets.
When Elaine left in 1994, Mark and his wife Carol continued in the shop until they moved to bigger premises in 2002.
Whilst much has changed since then, the core elements of quality and value remain at the heart of the business.